Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Birthday to me!

What a way to celebrate turning 30! It was my Birthday on Saturday.

I used to think 30 was so old - not old as in elderly but old as in grown up. It's an official kind of number that says, you've played up and messed around, and now it's all serious. But now that I'm here, like all ages, it doesn't feel that old, and in fact I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life and although I feel very organised and mature with budgets and paying bills on time and having a plan (I am never without a plan), I haven't sprouted offspring yet and still ignore my superannuation... yes, I really should do something about that. 

Being away for this milestone is both amazing and a little sad, not being able to celebrate a "major" birthday without friends and family. Luckily my newly minted husband has made it an awesome day!

Firstly he gave me a lovely local greenstone pendant which I love, and then we are having our first night out of the camper in accommodation at the amazing Eliza's Manor in Christchurch. Out for dinner and everything, horah!

When I look back at my life so far I often worry about wasted time and I wonder if I've really achieved as much as I could have or should have. But then I'm quick to remind myself that I already have a lot more than many people in the world and although its important to have hopes and dreams its just as important to be happy with what you've got, right now, here today. And I have to say that I am pretty happy, obviously being on holidays at the moment but even in the daily grind at home, things are pretty lovely and I'm proud of our little life together and I think most days I'm a pretty good human, so what more is there to want really?

Happy birthday to me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a young earth loving Tasmanian who loves nature, art, old things, handmade things, collecting things and embracing the lovelier things the world has to offer.