Saturday, October 25, 2014

Summer is almost here...


A lot of my childhood memories revolve around fruit, and nothing says Summer to me quite like picking raspberries from the garden! Imagine my delight when raspberry canes suddenly appeared from behind a bush in the garden beside my driveway - a perfect compliment to the strawberry patch they are growing next to.

Lucky to last long enough to be photographed, I hope to be picking fresh raspberries daily for at least the next few months!

Fruit has to be the most satisfying thing to grow in the garden, and trust me when I say if I can do it, you can too, as these poor plants are ignored for most of the year until its time to start picking and eating!

Do you grow fruit? What is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a young earth loving Tasmanian who loves nature, art, old things, handmade things, collecting things and embracing the lovelier things the world has to offer.