Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Market: Kingston Beach Handmade Market

Woops! I was supposed to post this up a week ago, thought I had, and clearly hadn't! Nevermind...


The Kingston Beach Handmade Market is an established makers and producers market that's been running for more than 2 years in the bright and charming Kingston Beach Hall, a stone's throw from the blue water and golden sand of Kingston Beach. Only a 10 minute drive from Hobart city, what better excuse for a Sunday drive on a beautiful summer's day!



The moment I stepped inside the hall, I was greeted by the most amazing smell! It was, of course, the beautiful soy candles, handmade and hand poured by Lily and Charlie




In the sweetest jars, these candles are devine, and handmade by such a lovely person too! And with scents like Black Raspberry, Strawberries & Cream, and Mandarin Vanilla Cream (I couldn't resist Lemongrass) there's a scent to suit everyone. And you know what? The thing I love the most about soy candles is that when the candle is finished, its so easy to clean out! Because if you're a candle lover like me you probably have a stash of lovely containers that you can't bear to throw away but the wax is so stuck in the bottom you can't use the container for something else! With soy you simply run under the hot tap and it comes straight out. 



I was so in love with the candles I didn't even take a pic of the awesome jewellery range by Lily and Charlie! So you will have to go to the website to see the rest of the great stuff. 



The market was on the smaller side, being right after Christmas, but the setting is lovely (what a great hall!) and its a market worth the visit for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a young earth loving Tasmanian who loves nature, art, old things, handmade things, collecting things and embracing the lovelier things the world has to offer.